Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The Exterior



the exterior has needed a lot more work. Just about every bolt on the outside has needed to be removed and replaced. I've learned a lot about how to remove rusted/stripped screws and taken the opportunity to replace all of the drip edge and all of the packing material that squishes between the windows and the frame of the trailer. This is actually pretty cool stuff and seems to stay flexible and gummy for years. I'm trying to think of this as a mini house restoration, but it is a house that shakes a lot and it's good to learn how these systems work. Everything needs to be bolted down well. I'm happy to report that I didn't find any additional water damage while I had the various parts removed from the trailer.

2 comments:

  1. I've recently purchased an Aloha RV and do not have the title with the year and model. Looking for photos to determine this information. Also, looking for a site that sells Aloha decals and other items.
    Sharlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sharlene, I actually get a lot of requests for Aloha decals but I don't have a source, if you find something let us know and I will do a post on it. In the meantime maybe you could share some of your photos on the flickr Aloha group? Somebody there may be able to answer more questions for you also.

    http://www.flickr.com/groups/aloha_travel_trailer/

    ReplyDelete