Wednesday, August 26, 2009
the exterior has needed a lot more work. Just about every bolt on the outside has needed to be removed and replaced. I've learned a lot about how to remove rusted/stripped screws and taken the opportunity to replace all of the drip edge and all of the packing material that squishes between the windows and the frame of the trailer. This is actually pretty cool stuff and seems to stay flexible and gummy for years. I'm trying to think of this as a mini house restoration, but it is a house that shakes a lot and it's good to learn how these systems work. Everything needs to be bolted down well. I'm happy to report that I didn't find any additional water damage while I had the various parts removed from the trailer.